|Oogachaga (OC) is Singapore’s largest community-based agency providing professional social services to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) communities since 1999. We are also an all-inclusive organisation whose team includes full-time staff working together with active volunteers from LGBTQ and straight communities, including Singaporeans and non-Singaporeans.It is our mission to provide counselling and support to LGBTQ individuals, raise awareness and promote better understanding on LGBTQ issues. |
As OC works to expand its outreach to the community, we are looking for passionate and qualified candidates to join our organisation as VOLUNTEER COUNSELLOR.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- provide professional face-to-face counselling services to Oogachaga clients.
- provide training support to Oogachaga volunteers
- develop and implement social intervention programs
You should be:
- An LGBT-affirmative professional who enjoys working with people of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
- A strong believer in the work of community-based organisations.
- Committed to provide regular counselling services and attend monthly group clinical supervision sessions.
- You must have recognised professional qualifications in counselling or social work, eg: a degree or Masters in social work or counselling.
- Familiarity with Singapore’s LGBTQ community or HIV/AIDS work will be useful for the counselling work in Oogachaga.
- Ability to provide counselling in another official language (Mandarin, Malay or Tamil) would be an added advantage.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for appointment without regard to race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, or marital status. If you are interested to join the team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We apologise that we are not able to support any internship request, and only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Please note that this is a strictly VOLUNTEER position, and not a full-time position.
Please note that we are not recruiting for general volunteers currently.
Join us as a volunteer counsellor
Create on: 07 Jun 2013 at 12:05 PM