OC Men (OCM) Support Group
The first OCM support group was started in 1999. With more than 25 runs to-date and reaching out to more than 200 individuals since, OCM is the longest continuously-running programme for gay and bisexual men in Singapore.
It is a peer support group for gay, bisexual and other men who love men, who are coming to terms with their sexuality and want to achieve a healthy integration of their lives and sexual identity.
The sessions aim at improving self-awareness and balance in members' lives, and addressing issues facing LGBTQ individuals in Singapore. We also hope to develop strong supportive networks within the community.
Groups are typically held once a year, with 8 to 10 weekly sessions, involving 10 to 15 members and trained facilitators.
Please email OCM@oogachaga.com for more details.
OC Women (OCW) Support Group
OCW is a peer-led personal development group for women who identify as lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and other women who love women. The support group promotes true understanding of oneself and the paving of meaningful life journeys, and also aims to create awareness of self and of loved ones.
The group offers a growth-oriented process towards self-development, where members come together to share their experiences and discuss issues that they feel passionately about.
Groups are usually held once a year, and each run typically consists of 10 weekly sessions over a period of 2 to 4 months.
Please contact OCW@oogachaga.com for more details.
Mature Men Project (MMP)
In 2010, Oogachaga invited responses from gay and bisexual men aged 40 years and above through an online survey and several focus group discussions. This provided useful information for us to plan activities that are meaningful to mature men in our community.
We are pleased to acknowledge the M.A.C AIDS Fund as an initial supporter of the programme.
The MMP team also runs a regular blog called The October Man Diaries:
Here are some of the activities and events organised over the years:
1. Aging Gracefully and Gaily on 19 February 2011.
2. Saturday Tea Session 1st Run (5, 12, 19 and 26 March and 2 April)
3. Eat Drink Men Talk - social event on 24 April 2011
4. Saturday Tea Session 2nd Run (in June 2011)
5. Living a Full Life - an informative guide for mature gay and bisexual men
6. Modelling the Human Form - social event on 23 July 2011
7. Experiencing Yoga - A Mature Men Project social event (23 October 2011)
1. Mature | Sexy | Fabulous - 4 February 2012
2. Saturday Tea Session 3rd Run - 11, 18 and 25 February, 3 and 10 March 2012
3. A Day at the Marina Barrage - 19 February 2012
4. A Chinese Tea Appreciation Workshop - 27 May 2012
5. Sunday Tea Sessions 4th Run - 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29 July 2012