As a community-based organisation, we recognise that we can maximise our resources by reaching out and raising awareness about the LGBTQ community in Singapore through sharing our expertise and facilitating meaningful discussions.
Our objective is to empower our fellow professionals with the awareness, skills and confidence so that they are better equipped to work with their LGBTQ clients.
Types of sessions offered:
· Skill-based and capacity building workshops for professionals working in the social service, healthcare and education sectors.
· Awareness talks to enhance understanding of issues faced by the LGBTQ community
· Lectures on topics relevant to tertiary-level social work, counselling or psychology students.
Oogachaga has conducted professional talks and training workshops to staff, volunteers and students from various community groups, agencies and organisations, including:
Social service organisations:
· Association of Women Action and Research (AWARE)
· Credit Counselling Singapore
· Family Service Centres (various)
· Student Care Services
· WeCARE Singapore
· Changi General Hospital
· Child Guidance Clinic, Institute of Mental Health
· Communicable Diseases Centre, Tan Tock Seng Hospital
· CHAT Team, Institute of Mental Health
· Department of STI Control (DSC) Clinic
· Khoo Teck Puat Hospital
· Ministry of Health
· National University Hospital
· Nanyang Polytechnic
· Nanyang Technology University
· National University of Singapore
· SIM University (UniSIM)
· Singapore Management University
· United World College (South East Asia)
· Singapore Civil Defence Force
· Singapore Prison Service
If your organisation is interested in our professional training talks or workshops, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us in reaching out and providing appropriate and professional support for the LGBTQ community!