As our oldest service, our support groups are peer-led with a focus on personal development, self-awareness and psycho-social issues. Please note that the support groups are currently inactive due to reduced demand.
OC Men (OCM)
The first OCM support group was started in 1999. With more than 25 runs to-date and reaching out to more than 200 individuals since, OCM is the longest continuously-running programme for gay and bisexual men in Singapore.
It is a peer support group for gay, bisexual and other men who love men, who are coming to terms with their sexuality and want to achieve a healthy integration of their lives and sexual identity.
The sessions aim at improving self-awareness and balance in members' lives, and addressing issues facing LGBTQ individuals in Singapore. We also hope to develop strong supportive networks within the community.
OC Women (OCW)
OCW is a peer-led personal development group for women who identify as lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and other women who love women, and was first started in 2006. The support group promotes true understanding of one's self and the paving of meaningful life journeys, and also aims to create awareness of self and of loved ones.
The group offers a growth-oriented process towards self-development, where members come together to share their experiences and discuss issues that they feel passionately about.
Mature Men Project (MMP)
In 2010, we conducted a needs assessment of gay and bisexual men age 40 and above, through an online survey and several focus group discussions. This provided useful information for us to plan activities that were meaningful to the mature men in our community.
We are pleased to acknowledge the M.A.C AIDS Fund as an initial supporter of the programme. Here are some of the activities and events organised over the years:
1. Aging Gracefully and Gaily (19 February)
2. Saturday Tea Session 1st Run (5, 12, 19 & 26 March & 2 April)
3. Eat Drink Men Talk (24 April)
4. Saturday Tea Session 2nd Run (June)
5. Modelling the Human Form (23 July)
6. Experiencing Yoga - A Mature Men Project social event (23 October)
7. Living a Full Life - A guide for mature gay and bisexual men
1. Mature | Sexy | Fabulous (4 February)
2. Saturday Tea Session 3rd Run (11, 18 & 25 February, 3 & 10 March)
3. A Day at the Marina Barrage (19 February)
4. A Chinese Tea Appreciation Workshop (27 May)
5. Sunday Tea Sessions 4th Run (1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 July)
The MMP team now runs a regular blog called The October Man Diaries.