Professional and Corporate Training
As a community-based organisation, we recognise that we can maximise our resources by reaching out and raising awareness about the LGBTQ community in Singapore through sharing our expertise and facilitating meaningful discussions.
To empower our fellow professionals with the awareness, skills and confidence so that they are better equipped to work with their LGBTQ clients.
Types of sessions offered:
- Skill-based and capacity building workshops for professionals working in the social service, healthcare and education sectors.
- Awareness talks to enhance understanding of issues faced by the LGBTQ community.
- Lectures on topics relevant to tertiary-level social work, counselling or psychology students.
- Workplace talks and workshops on LGBTQ diversity and inclusion.
Oogachaga has conducted professional talks and training workshops to staff, volunteers and students from various community groups, agencies and organisations, including:
Social service organisations:
- Association of Women Action and Research (AWARE)
- Credit Counselling Singapore
- Family Service Centres (various)
- Samaritans of Singapore (SOS)
- Student Care Services
- WeCARE Singapore
- LGBTQ community groups including Project X and The T Project
- Changi General Hospital
- Department of STI Control (DSC) Clinic
- Institute of Mental Health
- Khoo Teck Puat Hospital
- Ministry of Health
- National University Hospital
- Tan Tock Seng Hospital
Tertiary educational institutions:
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- Nanyang Technology University
- National University of Singapore
- Singapore Management University
- Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Yale-NUS College
- Chatsworth International School
- Singapore American School
- Tanglin Trust School
- United World College (South East Asia)
- Singapore Civil Defence Force
- Singapore Prison Service
If your organisation is interested in our professional training talks or workshops, please contact us.